The Day I Got My Virtual Life Back

After waiting for one whole month for our ADSL2+ connection, it finally got activated TODAY. I haven't turned my laptop on for a few weeks because there was no need to, kept going online with my iPhone and the 3G connection... imagine only having 150mb of data per month! I could finish that in a jiffy! Pfffffff.

Moved out from the apartment into the new house last month. I wasn't keen at first... thinking that I wouldn't have the comfort of sitting in the passenger seat, being sent to and picked up from the office every single working day... after staying here for a month - which is how long I've taken the bus to work - everything is turning out to be PERFECT.

On the 23rd of August 2010...


Had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs before we left New Farm.


Packed and said goodbye to the three years we've been here.

The movers were two hours late!!! Rui and I helped out so that we didn't have to pay that much - they charged AU$100 an hour, $25 more compared to the rate five years ago.

Hello, Hello!

My favourite room



The main bathroom


Master bedroom


Walk-in-robe :D


Front lawn


Main door


Study


Overlooking the main living area from the second living area.
I really love the door a lot.


Laundry room


Second bathroom


So-called powder room


The outdoor spa... have yet to try this too -_-''

It took me a few hours just to thoroughly vacuum the whole house - 5 rooms, two living areas, the laundry and the hallways. It felt as if it was equivalent to 6 months worth of housework in the apartment! Rui took a few hours to mop too. Luckily the previous owners left it in a good and pretty clean state, but still... :)


So, we bought Roomba to help us out with the vacuuming and since the day it came home with us, it has made our lives easier. Plus, it was on sale at Harvey Norman! They slashed the price from $500 to $390, so it was a bargain ;)

The other good thing about the house is that it is equipped with security alarms and sensor lights. Rui also bought an IP cam for extra security. We will be able to control it from wherever in the world as long as there is Internet connection. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers